UPDATED: 25 MAY 2018
By using our website, you agree to this policy. If you do not agree, please do not use our website or submit any personal data through it.
WHO IS URBANTIDE AND HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
Whenever we refer to UrbanTide in this document, we mean UrbanTide Limited. At UrbanTide we have expertise in transforming our cities, innovating new products, extracting value from data & technology and engaging diverse communities.
Our website is urbantide.com
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 and the Data Protection Act 2018, the data controller is UrbanTide Limited, having its registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
What information we collect
We will only ask you for certain personal information to give you the best possible experience when you engage with us (via our website, email, phone or otherwise) and when you use our products and services.
We will also collect other anonymised information about you and the devices you use to access our website through a third party, in these cases we do so by using technologies such as cookies.
When you inquire to UrbanTide with regard to provision of service, partnership, or engagement we will ask you to provide some contact information. Contact information may include some or all of the following: full name, organisation name, business address, landline phone number, mobile phone number, job title, email address.
We may also ask you to provide some professional information in order to do business with you as a customer, partner, supplier or service provider. Professional information may include some or all of the following: company name, company address, company website address, company email address.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system, browser type and version, time zone setting and browser plug-in types and versions for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns; and does not identify any individual.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA
We collect data through business interactions with you; this may have been because:
- You contacted us and supplied us with your contact details;
- You completed a form on an email or via our website;
- You engaged UrbanTide regarding provision of services, partnerships or commercial opportunities;
- We have procured products or services from your business and recorded your details as part of that transaction;
- We have been passed details of your contact details by another business who has done business with you, who reasonably believes that you would benefit from being contacted by us.
THE BASIS ON WHICH WE COLLECT DATA
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Our criteria for legitimate interest are as follows:
- You are a business, public body or institution and not a private individual;
- You have previously expressed an interest in UrbanTide and our services and areas of activity;
- You have not requested us to stop sending you information, either through unsubscribing from our newsletter or by contacting us and exercising your right to be forgotten;
- You have opted in to receiving information from us, either through signing up via an online form or by contacting us;
- That we hold only the minimum amount of necessary data that would reasonably be expected in order to communicate with you or do business with you in a relevant and effective manner;
- That the data we hold has minimal privacy impact of you;
- That we have undertaken a legitimate interests assessment and periodically review this assessment.
Customer testimonials and comments
Where we post customer testimonials and comments, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer's consent via email prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Use of personal information
- Improve our website and to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other access device;
- Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- Notify you about changes to our service;
- Allow us to consider your comments, queries and suggestions and respond if necessary;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- Comply with any legal obligations or to enable or facilitate the exercise of our rights under our terms and conditions of website use.
Who we pass the data to
UrbanTide use various Web based services in its business processes, including a secure CRM system. The data is solely used by UrbanTide and the data is only transferred to web-based services for the sole use of UrbanTide. The web-based services used by UrbanTide are provided by reputable companies with their own General Data Protection Regulations 2018 compliant privacy policies.
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to request access, transfer, rectification and/or erasure of the personal data that we process about you. You may also have the right to object to and/or restrict our processing of your personal data. UrbanTide will ensure we comply with your legal right to ask us to act on these requests.
Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
Retention of your data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
The precise length of time we hold your personal data for varies depending on the individual circumstances, but in determining the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable
We periodically review our retention periods to ensure that we are not keeping your data for longer than necessary.
Your right of complaint to the ICO
Article 21 of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 gives individuals the right to object to the processing of their personal data. This effectively allows individuals to ask you to stop processing their personal data. The right to object only applies in certain circumstances. In the unlikely situation that you should disagree with the response, you have a right to raise your complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
The security of your data
UrbanTide takes the security of your data seriously and all personal and sensitive data is stored in a password protected secure server. Unless personal data is reasonably needed for our business processes we do not store personal data.
We do not share your data for use by any third parties without your permission. We use reputable third party providers of web based software packages for processing your data. We have made all reasonable endeavours to ensure your data is secure when held on our server or on these third-party web-based software packages.
Access to Information
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. Any access request may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org and may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.